Metropolitan State University was awarded a grant with the following goals:
- Coordinate the professional development system components with DHS and other professional development system partners.
- Refine, develop, and implement the Minnesota Child Care Professional Development Learning Continuum.
- Develop and implement trainer approval and support functions.
- Launch and maintain the Professional Development Registry.
- In coordination with DHS, provide leadership in the area of infant/toddler initiatives including recommendations for policy and standards development.
- Implement an outcome-based planning and reporting system.
In July of 2008, the Minnesota Center of Professional Development (MnCPD) launched this Web site that includes the Minnesota Registry for practitioners and trainers, training approval, training and college course listings available throughout the state, along with online career guidance, the Career Lattice and links to other professional development resources.