Vision and Goals
- To create a seamless, integrated professional development system that raises the capacity and competencies of those providing early care and education beginning at birth, aligns with K-12 education and links to higher education to support child development and school success.
The goals include to:
- Equip early childhood and school-age practitioners with knowledge, competencies, tools and confidence needed to effectively work with children and families.
- Promote coordination across all sectors of early childhood and school-age care and education.
- Ensure that educational opportunities for practitioners are grounded in a foundation of high ethical and quality standards and linked to the Quality Rating System (now known as Parent Aware).
- Ensure access to all system components for practitioners, trainers and community partners regardless of geography, economic status, race or ethnicity, or language.
The long-term focus is improved child outcome.