Special Needs, Bright Futures
At Fraser School, children of all abilities learn, play and grow, side by side. Fraser School’s competent and caring staff, play-based classrooms, and innovative indoor and outdoor play facilities help create a fun, challenging, and safe environment. Fraser School is known for its inclusive environment, where children with typical needs (without disabilities) and children with special needs contribute to each other’s development in unique and life-changing ways. The curriculum used in each classroom balances both teacher-directed and child-initiated learning, with an emphasis on responding to the children’s learning styles and building on their strengths and interests. To be successful at Fraser School, candidates must be committed to Fraser’s mission of making a meaningful and lasting difference in the lives of children, adults, and families with special needs.
The Teacher’s responsibility would be to run the classroom, care for children, and carry out age-appropriate lesson plans. Classroom duties include planning curriculum, ensuring environment and daily practices meet licensing regulations, and providing mentoring and support to classroom staff.
- $16.00 – $20.00 per hour.
- Scheduled performance feedback & opportunity for pay raises based on performance.
- Career growth opportunities.
- Opportunities for community involvement in Fraser organized events.
- Fraser offers generous paid time off to those employed full-time.
- Full benefits package for full-time positions.
- 403(b) retirement account with Fraser contribution.
- Childcare discount at Fraser School.
Available Location and Schedules:
- Richfield, MN.
- Fraser school operates M – F 7:00am – 6:00pm. We have a preference for candidates interested in full-time, however, we are open to considering candidates who are interested in part-time. Float teacher hours may vary dependent on program business need.
- Must meet Teacher qualifications as designated by DHS Rule 3 and NECPA standards.
- Must maintain CPR and First Aid certifications that Fraser provides.
- Experience working in early childhood with children with special needs preferred.
- Effective communication in the English language, including verbal and written communication with both internal and external contacts required.
- Ability to pass a DHS background check.
- Must be able to work independently and lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Applicants must have a passion for serving our clients, and have strong decision-making skills.
- Commitment to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion with a focus on culturally responsive practice, internal self-awareness, and reflection.
- Fraser is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position will be posted at https://www.fraser.org/jobs until filled. You must apply online here to be formally considered.
Sign up for our monthly recruitment newsletter at http://eepurl.com/gBwS65.
If you are having trouble applying or have questions, please contact Fraser HR at email@example.com or 612.767.7550. If you have successfully submitted your application, you will get a confirmation email. If you do not receive the confirmation email, please check your junk/spam folders, then contact us as we may not have received your application. Thank you for considering Fraser!
Please note the health and safety of Fraser clients and staff is a top priority. We have created health and safety protocols to address the risk of COVID-19. These protocols are continually updated based on the current guidance and best practice recommendations from the MN Department of Health (MDH) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org