Website Growing Explorers Learning Center
Early Childhood Learning Center
At Growing Explorers Learning Center, we are dedicated to providing the highest quality early childhood education experiences to positively impact the lives of the children whom we serve.
Our teachers do this by creating safe and welcoming learning environments where every child feels included and loved. Our teachers encourage each child’s natural curiosity and creativity to explore the world around them and to learn through play. Our teachers are intelligent and responsive to the individual needs of each growing explorer. Our teachers become a partner with families to ensure that their child is successfully prepared for Kindergarten and beyond.
Responsibilities of Growing Explorers Teachers:
· Take ownership over your classroom and ensure that it is clean, safe, and ready for children to learn and play everyday
· Plan, prepare, and implement lesson plans and curriculum activities using the Creative Curriculum
· Foster a welcoming and fun play-based learning environment in your classroom
· Observe and record the developmental progress of each child in accordance with the MN Early Childhood Indicators of Progress (ECIP’s) and prepare to share information with parents daily as well as during Parent Teacher Conferences twice a year
· Be a model of appropriate and respectful behavior for the children in your classroom and uphold all personnel policies in the GELC Staff Handbook, including the Behavior Guidance policy
· Follow all MN State Licensing Rules and Statutes for licensed child care centers
· Welcome new families during tours and share information with them about your classroom
· Complete general cleaning duties as needed including: cleaning and organizing all classroom toys, materials, and equipment, taking out the trash, and food prep/meal clean up.
· Assist each child in safely meeting their physical and developmental needs (bottle feeding, diaper changing, potty training etc.)
· Provide 1st Aid/CPR and handle bodily fluids as necessary; follow all emergency plans
· Complete all duties necessary to ensure the success of the center and all programs
· Must successfully pass MN State DHS Background Check and Fingerprints
· Early Childhood Education classroom experience (strongly preferred)
· 1st Aid/CPR Certification (or willingness to obtain)
· Current CDA (Child Development Associate) credential or higher education (Associate or Bachelor degree relevant to the field)
· Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 pounds and ability to work indoors and outdoors
· Must be able to physically bend, lift, stand on feet, and move 90% of the day
· Must be able to ensure active supervision of children by sight and sound at all times, assuming low postures at child’s level if needed
· Excellent communication skills and customer service; able to read, write, and speak English
· Possess a love for children and teaching; build positive relationships with families and coworkers
· Ability to use basic computer skills
· Must be eligible to work in the United States
Benefits of becoming a member of the Growing Explorers team:
· Health Care insurance (full time employees)
· Generous paid time off
· Paid Holidays
· Child Care tuition discounts
· Annual Training provided in center
· Friendly and supportive workplace culture
· Competitive Pay
· Dedicated Staff Lounge for teacher breaks and events
· Brand-new facility and building, including all new equipment and classroom materials
· Professional Cleaning Service
· Dedicated weekly Prep time
Growing Explorers Learning Center is an Equal Opportunity employer and will not discriminate based on age, gender, race, religion, creed, national origin, martial or veteran status or the presence of handicaps or disabilities.
To apply for this job please visit www.growingexplorers.com.