To Send or Not to Send?
Acceptable Documentation | August 1, 2019
To Send or Not to Send Documentation? That is the question, the question we get a lot here at Achieve.
But what if I told you that knowing what to send and what not to send can help you:
- Save time, energy, frustration with each membership application.
- Speed up application processing time for everyone!
- Do your part for the environment.
Excited to learn how? Read on!
What to send? If you are applying for membership and need a higher Career Lattice step or have education and training hours you’d like added to your Learning Record, knowing what to send is simple after a little review and preparation. Every document accepted by Achieve is outlined in the Acceptable Documentation policy. Simply reviewing this while you gather your documents will help you identify which ones to send.
But, sometimes it’s easier to know what NOT to send. Each document received via mail or printed from email/fax is thoroughly reviewed. Most applications contain documents of which over half are not acceptable. Based on the number of unacceptable documents Achieve receives, we can safely conclude:
- Some applicants spend a lot of time and energy gathering documents they don’t need to send.
- The team at Achieve spend hours sifting through documents to find acceptable submissions. Time spent here prolongs the application process for everyone in line waiting to be processed, even those who followed the Acceptable Documentation policy.
In the spirit of speeding up the process for you and Achieve we’ve identified the top five documents not to send:
- Training certificates showing less than 2-hours of training
- Incomplete or Altered training certificates
- Training certificates missing your name, date, trainer name, title, hours, etc.
- Training certificates showing crossed off/whited out and/or changed information.
- A Print-out of your Learning Record or Develop Web Pages
- We use Develop to process applications and have access to your Develop profile and Learning Record.
- Duplicate training certificates
- If a training is already verified on your Learning Record there is no need to send another copy of it to Achieve.
- Training logs/Training transcripts/Attendance rosters
- Training hours must be submitted on a certificate or electronically verified in Develop by a Trainer or Training Sponsor.
- Along these lines, event fliers and training registration confirmations or receipts are also not accepted.
Unreadable documents, unofficial college transcripts, unevaluated foreign transcripts, training certificates older than 5 years, employment agreements, and books or journals. These documents cannot be recorded in Develop or appear on your Learning Record.
As always, our Achieve team is here to help. When in doubt, check us out! We’re happy to point you in the right direction!
Or visit our Achieve website, there are many helpful resources available to help you navigate the membership process.
Prefer email over a phone call?
Send us your question! firstname.lastname@example.org We’ll get back to you within one business day!
Have time to call? We’d love to hear from you!
855-378-3131 option #3
Monday – Thursday: 7:30am-4:30pm
You can always leave a message outside of these times.